As a qualified counselling supervisor, Barbara Hales aims to
- maintain a flexible approach to the working style of each supervisee
- encourage supervisees to develop as reflective practitioners
- provide a supportive space for ‘recharging batteries’ and exploring ethical issues.
Barbara also offers the occasional use of creative methods such as art work and a sand tray. This can help supervisees
- to consider stuck situations in a different way
- to deepen their understanding of the therapeutic process
- increase their ability to use both thoughts and feelings in working with each client
Barbara regrets that she will not be seeing new supervisees for the duration of the Covid-19 outbreak.
Contact Barbara via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01539 728575 to arrange a free preliminary one hour session to meet and discuss individual needs and working styles.
Supervision sessions can take place fortnightly or monthly, lasting one hour or longer, as agreed. Barbara charges £60 for 1.5 hours. Brief telephone supervision is available between contracted sessions. Supervision sessions by telephone can also be arranged.
Supervision takes place in a peaceful room near the centre of Kendal. You can park on the driveway of the house. Kendal bus and rail stations are within a few minutes’ walk.
- 2002 Certificate in Counselling Supervision accredited by the University of Wales College, Newport
- 1997 BACP Accredited Counsellor
For other qualifications, see ‘Why Barbara Hales?’